Training of social partners
The Labour arbitration court focuses on training not only labour arbiters but also representatives of social partners. This training is dedicated to explaining the procedures for collective labour disputes settlement in the Labour arbitration court in compliance with the developed Rules of procedures and the present practice.
In December 2003 The Moscow Confederation of manufacturers and entrepreneurs (employees) made a decision to organize training for employers in 2004.
The number of people trained in 2002 and 2003 totalled 1290 including labour arbiters, representatives of social partnership parties of Moscow and other subjects of the Russian Federation.
Second half of the year 2002
A simulation game was held on the basis of Central trade union courses of the Moscow federation of trade unions. The game concerned procedures for collective labour disputes settlement in the Institution "Labour arbitration court for collective labour disputes settlement". 80 trade union activists from the NGO Trade union of Avtoselkhozmash (Motor agricultural machinery) of Moscow participate in it. In the course of the simulation game collective labour disputes in this industry and procedures for their settlement were considered.
The following specialists were familiarized with procedures of collective labour disputes settlement in the Institution "The labour arbitration court for collective labour disputes resolution" on the basis of Training and research centre of the Moscow federation of trade unions: 38 leaders of trade unions of chemical industry, 30 chairmen of trade union of the metro, 37 leaders of coal industry, geology, geodesy and cartography, 35 chairman of transport construction trade unions, 30 representatives of timber industry, 40 leaders from the sphere of physical culture and sports.
In December a simulation game for labour arbiters and social partners from Moscow and other subjects of the Russian Federation was held on the basis of the Training centre of the Central committee of agricultural trade union "Moscovsky". In the course of the simulation game 34 labour arbiters and 27 social partners were trained. The simulation game included a set of lectures on legislation in the sphere of collective labour disputes resolution, role games, psychological trainings. Interim attestation with stage-by-stage analysis of activity and professionalism of the participants was implemented.
At the end of the training all participants received certificates and a set of handouts.
The Labour arbitration court participated in meetings-seminars with representatives of social partnership parties:
- With trade union activists from the Central administrative district/okrug (20 people),
- With trade union activists and employers of the Northern administrative district (50 people),
- With heads of services for work safety, representatives of social partners of the Southern administrative district, this meeting was held in the premises of the Palace of Culture "ZIL" (120 people).
The Labour arbitration court organized 3 seminars on the subject: "On the role of Labour arbitration court in collective labour disputes settlement and social partnership development"
- In the Institute of advanced training at the Academy of labour and social relations for employees of the administration of the Federation of Russian independent trade unions (70 people).
- In the Military financial economic academy for students in the sphere of collective labour disputes settlement (65 people).
- In the municipal organization of Moscow health trade union for heads of territorial branches of the trade union (30 people).
The first half of the year 2004
The labour arbitration court participated in 5 seminars and a simulation game. 264 people were involved in training.
In February 3 seminars were organized in the Training research centre of the Moscow federation of trade unions:
- For heads of trade unions of the Moscow construction industry on the subject "Why do labour conflicts appear and how to settle them?" (16 people) Seminar participants were familiarized with the existing procedures of collective labour disputes settlement focusing on the mechanism of pre-trial protection of employees' rights in the Labour arbitration court.
- For trade union activists and heads of Moscow municipal enterprises (173 people) on the subject "The role of the Labour arbitration court in collective labour disputes settlement",
- For chairmen of commissions of working control over structural divisions of OAO "Avtovaz" Toliyaty on the subject "The Role of collective contracts and agreements in eliminating the conditions due to which labour disputes arise" (18 people).
In March in the Training and research centre of the Moscow federation of trade unions a seminar "Collective labour disputes settlement" was held for teachers in the sphere of trade union construction. The programme consisted of 240 academic hours (17 people).
In April in the Institute of economics and industrial management the seminar "Collective disputes settlement" was held for directors of enterprises, lawyers from the subjects of the RF (22 people).
Furthermore, in April in the city of Ufa in the Republican organization of Bashkortostan the Russian chemical trade union a simulation game in the sphere of procedures for collective labour disputes settlement was held for employees of trade unions from the Privolzhsky federal district (18 people).
In the second half of 2004 an agreement with the Training and research centre of the Moscow federation of trade unions was signed concerning training of representatives of social partners on the subject "Collective labour disputes resolution".